Advantages of Tissue Culture
There are several advantages to using the tissue culture process. Its effectiveness in helping developing countries to increase food production, but what are some other advantages that may be relevant to you?
- The new plantlets can be grown in a short amount of time.
- Only a small amount of initial plant tissue is required.
- The new plantlets and plants are more likely to be free of viruses and diseases.
- The process is not dependent on the seasons and can be done throughout the year.
- You need only a relatively small space to perform the process (ten times the plants in one-tenth of the space).
- On a larger scale, the tissue culture process helps to supply the consumer market with new subspecies and variety.
- People looking to cultivate challenging plants such as specific breeds of Aquuilaria find more success with the tissue culture process than traditional soil.